As a workshop owner, you know how important it is to have the right lifting equipment in your shop, so that is why we have put scissor lifts and mobile column lifts head to head by listing their pros and cons and hopefully assisting you in making the best decision for your shop if you are looking at investing in new lifting equipment.
Mobile Column Lift Pros
- You are able to access all parts of the vehicle. Thus you can perform maintenance and repair work on the wheels, brakes and undercarriage.
- Mobile column lifts allow you to offer a wide range of different services to your clients.
- Mobile column lifts are known for their strength and durability.
- They can usually handle very heavy loads.
- These type of lifts do not take up any floor space so the flexibility is amazing
Mobile Column Lift Cons
- Mobile column lifts can be very expensive and may not be within every workshop owner’s budget.
- These types of lifts pickup by the grabbing the wheels so stands are required for brake and suspension work
- Do your research as inferior wireless lifts can be quite problematic
Scissor Lift Pros
- Scissor lifts are known as one of the most affordable options when it comes to car lifts and hoists.
- They are very easy to operate.
- Scissor lifts pack flat and take up very little space on the workshop floor.
- They are easy and safe to use.
Scissor Lift Cons
- The major con involved with scissor lifts is the fact that they only allow you to work on the brakes and the wheels. With scissor car lifts, you cannot work on the undercarriage of a vehicle.
- Depending on the model, there may be some weight restrictions when it comes to scissor lifts.
At the end of the day, both of these types of lifts have their place, and the right decision will be based on your budget, space allowance, and needs. If you are not sure which option is the best suited for your workshop, speak to a professional for advice.
Are you looking for mobile column lifts in New Zealand? Get in touch with MAHA Premium Workshop equipment today, and we can discuss our car lift options with you. Call us on 0800 624 269.